What is a SSL Certificate
Have you noticed there are some websites with “https”? Those sites have a SSL Certificated installed, and they are supposed to be safe sites for every user.
This is the definition of SSL:
“The principal motivation for HTTPS is authentication of the accessed website and protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks. […]
In practice, this provides a reasonable assurance that one is communicating without interference by attackers with the website that one intended to communicate with, as opposed to an impostor.”
Why do you need one for your website or blog
Basically you need for several reasons:
- To be be verified as a secure website or blog.
- To get more traffic: your browser displays a warning notification to the users when they try to open a non https page.
- To get a better SEO: Google ranks on higher positions those sites with SSL
The most important reason is that Google penalise those pages without https (SSL certificate).
How to get a FREE SSL Certificate and how to install it
Yes, I have a tutorial about to get a FREE SSL Certificate for your website or your blog, and yes it is super easy, step by step, and for absolute clueless non techies.
These are the steps:
- Go to Cloudflare.com
- Sign up to create an accout
- Add your Website
- Select the option “Free website”
- Copy the new nameservers
- Go to your Domain name registrar
- Delete your current nameservers and paste the new nameservers
- Click Save
- Go back to Cloudflare and change the option from “full” to “flexible”
You’re done! Now you just have to wait 24 hours.
If you want to see it much easier, just follow the simple instructions on this video:
I am sure that this video – tutorial is going to be very helpful for you!!!
Thanks for reading and have an amazing day!!!