When people browse on their Instagram accounts normally they look for stuff they are interested in.
Instagram users tend to fall in love with what they are seeing there (outfits, sport-wear, appliances, make-up, fitness, health, complements… the list is endless).
It is that precise moment, when people fall in love, is the perfect occasion to offer your product, because they are most likely to buy (they’ve have just fallen in love!!!).
So having the chance to buy right there in your Instagram post, it’s just something you shouldn’t be missing!
Instagram can be your new storefront, open to hundreds of millions of people in the world! Shopping on Instagram couldn’t be easier! So if you are selling anything you shouldn’t miss this Instagram feature, in my opinion the most straight forward converting feature on Instagram (and maybe on any other social platform).
With Instagram shopping, you can tag up to five products per image or up to twenty products per carousel.
With shopping posts, users will have access to the name and price of the item and a direct link to all the details of the item, and from there, a SHOP button to buy that product right on your site.
Shopping posts give people quick access to pricing and product details both within the Instagram feed and via the Shop tab on a business profile. By tapping on a post, people can take the next step to learn more about products that inspire them from the brands they love. – Instagram
How to make your Instagram shoppable with shopping posts.
STEP 1. Get your account approved for Shopping On Instagram.
- You sell physical products.
- You business is based in one of the following countries (click below):
At this time, your business must be located in the following markets to use Shopping on Instagram:
United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Sweden, Netherlands, Argentina, Mexico, New Zealand, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Ireland, South Africa, Belgium, Austria, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Malta, Ecuador, Panama, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Denmark, Czech Republic, Romania, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Dominican Republic, Belize, Korea and Japan.
- Your Instagram account is a Business Profile:
- Go to your profile and tap
- Tap Settings
- Tap Switch to Business Profile
- Connect your account to an existing Facebook Page (with the catalog of your products).
- Add details such as your business or profile’s category and contact information.
- Tap Done
- Your IG account is connected to a Facebook Catalog.
How to Create and Connect a Facebook Catalog with my Instagram business profile:
How To Create a Shop on your Facebook Page
- On your Page, click the Shop tab. If you don’t see the Shop tab, follow these steps to add it.
- If you agree to our Merchant Terms and Policies, tick the I agree to the Merchant Terms and Policies box, then click Continue. You may need to enter your Facebook password again for security purposes.
- Choose Check out on another website and click Continue. You will include the website when you add products to your shop section.
- Choose the currency you want to use. This currency will apply to all your products and can’t be changed unless you delete your shop and create a new one.
- Click Save.
How To Create a Facebook Catalog and Connect it to your Instagram Account
In the next steps, is when your account will be in review for one day or so, before your tags are fully operative.
STEP 2. Enable Product Tagging
Go to the “Settings” of your instagram page. Scroll down to “Business Settings”, and click on “Shopping” . There you will be asked to select the Facebook Catalog you want to link your products from.
STEP 3. Tag Your Products On Your Posts
Create a posts or edit one that is already created. You will have one option of “TAG”. You will be requested to “Tag People” or “Tag Products”. Pick Tag Products. Tap on the products, and select the according item form the list.
And that’s it! If this is your first time tagging products, it will be under revision for about 24 hours (sometimes even more)
Now get ready to have a new stream of traffic to your site!!!!
If you want to know the steps to make you INSTAGRAM STORIES SHOPPABLE, read this blog posts: How To Make Your Instagram Stories Shoppable